AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
January 02, 2021 04:53PM
Dear Dr. Taylor,

I inherited this code from ALICE toolbox. I ran the registration without step 2 (resampling), and it does not work (step 3 align_epi_anat.py runs forever to converge) and the result on visual check in afni is not ok. The only way the code works is as is, including step 2 (using the resampling at the native T1 resolution, no other resolution -dxyz works, see also the thread 'align_epi_anat.py registration variability' about a mo ago). If you can take a look using the actual data (t1, ct), I can upload those to you (I would need to know how). I am not sure to what extent the need for step 2 is because our CTs are anisotropic (0.43, 0.43, 0.8) vs isotropic MRI (1,1,1,)

If using step 2 as is, the registration is good. Then, I would need to know how to move a ribbon.nii (mask generated in freesurfer, aligns with T1) to the ct space, I have tried:

cat_matvec -MATRIX -ONELINE ct_shft.1D -I > inv_ct_shft.1D #inverting forward matrix from step 1 of the registration
cat_matvec -MATRIX -ONELINE ct_res_shft_al_mat.aff12.1D -I > inv_ct_res_shft_al_mat.aff12.1D #inverting forward matrix from step 3
3dAllineate -source ribbon.nii -base ct_res_shft.nii -prefix ribbon_shft.nii -1Dmatrix_apply inv_ct_res_shft_al_mat.aff12.1D
3dresample -input ribbon_shft.nii -prefix ribbon_res_shft.nii -master $ct -rmode NN
3dAllineate -source ribbon_res_shft.nii -base $ct -prefix ribbon_ct.nii -1Dmatrix_apply inv_ct_shft.1D

For some reason, the output ribbon_ct.nii looks aligned to the CT, but appears truncated, in afni.

Thank you very much, Octavian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2021 04:59PM by octavian lie.
Subject Author Posted

invert multiple step registration

octavian lie December 31, 2020 04:30PM

Re: invert multiple step registration

ptaylor January 02, 2021 03:44PM

octavian lie January 02, 2021 04:53PM

octavian lie January 03, 2021 01:28PM

ptaylor January 04, 2021 09:37AM