AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
January 25, 2021 11:34AM
1) The failure to write/find the 'minmax' files is a venial sin, in that it doesn't actually affect any important part of 3dttest++ or 3dClustSim's usage further on.

2) However, the failure to read the .sdat files -- as you see -- is catastrophic, as those are the temporary files that store the results from the permutation/randomization. Did your screen output contain some progress reports after the line
   ================ Starting ClustSim calculations ================
There should be a lot of output following that about the jobs it runs to produce the .sdat files, before it then runs the 3dClustSim program. Are there any error messages there? You can increase the verbosity of the progress reports by adding option "-verb" to the 3dttest++ command line.

Offhand, it seems to me like perhaps there was some disk I/O issue -- I have seen that before, when using a scratch SSD space (for speed over network or rotating storage) that got full.
Subject Author Posted

3dttest++ -Clustsim error

James Waltz January 24, 2021 10:22PM

Re: 3dttest++ -Clustsim error

RWCox January 25, 2021 11:34AM

Re: 3dttest++ -Clustsim error

James Waltz January 25, 2021 12:13PM