AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
eji
March 03, 2021 04:03AM
Hi Paul,
Thanks for your suggestion that it could be a memory issue. The test you proposed results in a syntax issue for me because I can't include single quotes within the nohup command (a single quote ends the command).

However, I monitored the memory usage of one subject using htop (it continuously grew... to 48GB by the end... yikes!). Is it possible that there is a bug in the code where the memory usage keeps growing? Or perhaps it's really because of the 318 parcels.

I have decreased the number of subjects that can be run at once based on our total ram of 256GB. So, while it was fine to run 32 subjects at once on our 32-core machine for 3dDWUncert and other AFNI commands, it appears that it would be best to manually decreased it to ~5 subjects in parallel to be safe for 3dTrackID. It makes sense because I initially decreased to 25 subjects and then 20 and then 15 and they still crashed. At 5, so far so good.

Thanks again for the memory hint.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2021 05:03AM by eji.
Subject Author Posted

Fatal Signal 11 (SIGSEGV) received during 3dTrackID PROB

eji March 02, 2021 07:55AM

Re: Fatal Signal 11 (SIGSEGV) received during 3dTrackID PROB

ptaylor March 02, 2021 09:55AM

eji March 03, 2021 04:03AM

ptaylor March 03, 2021 09:50AM