AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 11, 2021 06:36PM
Hello AFNI experts,
As much as I dread asking for help in public, this issue has me stumped. I'm trying to follow afni_proc.py example 11 to pre-process some resting state data. Following that example, I first ran @SSwarper to calculate the transform of the anatomy to MNI space. Then I provided those images to afni_proc.py, along with -align_opts_aea that I separately verified to properly align the anatomy to the EPI images. Running the script afni_proc.py creates does indeed properly align the anatomy to the EPI, as verified by overlaying pb02.subjnum.r01.tshift+orig onto anat_al_junk+orig. However, when I check for alignment of the EPI to MNI space, it's clearly off (shown by using anatQQ.subjnum+tlrc as the underlay and pb03.subjnum.r01.volreg+tlrc as the overlay). I'll paste the actual afni_proc.py command next. And of course I'd appreciate any direction you can give me on this!

@SSwarper -input anat.nii \
-subid $subj \
-odir anat_warped \
-base /usr/lib/afni/bin/MNI152_2009_template_SSW.nii.gz

Then:
afni_proc.py \
-subj_id $subj \
-dsets rest+orig \
-blocks despike tshift align tlrc volreg blur mask scale regress \
-copy_anat ./anat.nii \
-anat_has_skull yes \
-anat_follower anat_w_skull anat FT_SurfVol.nii \
-anat_follower_ROI aaseg anat aparc.a2009s+aseg.nii \
-anat_follower_ROI aeseg epi aparc.a2009s+aseg.nii \
-anat_follower_ROI FSvent epi FT_vent.nii \
-anat_follower_ROI FSWe epi FT_WM.nii \
-anat_follower_erode FSvent FSWe \
-tcat_remove_first_trs 2 \
-align_opts_aea -epi_strip 3dSkullStrip -skullstrip_opts -blur_fwhm 2 -push_to_edge -cost lpc+ -giant_move -check_flip \
-tlrc_base MNI152_2009_template_SSW.nii.gz \
-tlrc_NL_warp \
-tlrc_NL_warped_dsets anatQQ.$subj.nii anatQQ.$subj.aff12.1D anatQQ.${subj}_WARP.nii \
-volreg_align_to MIN_OUTLIER \
-volreg_align_e2a \
-volreg_tlrc_warp \
-blur_size 4 \
-mask_epi_anat yes \
-regress_censor_outliers 0.1 \
-regress_bandpass 0.01 0.1 \
-regress_apply_mot_types demean deriv \
-regress_est_blur_epits \
-regress_est_blur_errts \
-scr_overwrite \
-html_review_style pythonic

Incidentally, the QC webpage output doesn't seem to show any outlines that are useful for checking registration. Not sure if that's obtained a different way or what.
Subject Author Posted

alignment in afni_proc.py

wgraves March 11, 2021 06:36PM

Re: alignment in afni_proc.py

ptaylor March 12, 2021 09:17AM

Re: alignment in afni_proc.py Attachments

wgraves March 12, 2021 10:57AM

ptaylor March 12, 2021 11:24AM

kxd344 August 26, 2021 04:30PM