History of AFNI updates  

|
March 12, 2021 05:59AM
Dear AFNI experts,

I have some questions regarding the installations of AFNI on virtual machines (linux based system). Our IT structure requires us to access and analyse fMRI data using linux-based virtual machines (VM), but the VMs expire after one month. Every time when I launch a new VM, I need to install AFNI from scratch. For that I usually follow the instructions here. The problem is every time I am installing AFNI on a new VM, I am installing the latest version, so that the I either end up having to re-do all analyses (including pre-processing) using the latest version or have inconsistent software versions while working on the same project. This is why I was wondering whether there is something I can do to keep the versions stable? With that I mean that it would be great to e.g. download and install the latest version now (e.g., Version AFNI_21.0.16 'Titus') and save it locally to then install it from the local source so that I can use that version of AFNI on local machines that I will be launching while working on this project. Is something like that possible? After reading here, I was wondering whether these steps are correct or whether I am missing out on something?

1. download latest binaries using
      wget [afni.nimh.nih.gov]  
  2. save them at location "PATH_TO_FILE"
  3. run
      tcsh @update.afni.binaries -local_package PATH_TO_FILE/linux_ubuntu_16_64.tgz -do_extras  
  4. follow the remaining installation steps from [afni.nimh.nih.gov]
I am not very versatile in this area, so please apologise if the questions are very basic.

I am looking forward to your feedback.

Best regards,
Stef
Subject Author Posted

installing AFNI from local copy

s.meliss March 12, 2021 05:59AM

Re: installing AFNI from local copy

ptaylor March 12, 2021 08:50AM

s.meliss March 15, 2021 05:16AM

ptaylor March 15, 2021 02:39PM