AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 11, 2021 05:03AM
Dear Bob,

Thank you for your reply and for pointing out the issue of averaging correlations related to non-linear transformations.

Is there any way to actually derive the "mean of correlation" to threshold the maps at r=0.3?

From what I understand after discussing this with my supervisor, there are (at least) these three options:
  • Use 0th sub brick showing mean of arctanh(correlation) as input for 3dcalc -expr 'tanh(a)'
  • Convert r=0.3 into arctanh(correlation) using ccalc 'atanh(0.3)'
  • Run 3dGroupInCorr with the -sendall option to derive the individual arctanh(correlation) maps, then transform them back into correlation values using 3dcalc -expr 'tanh(a)', then average untransformed correlation values

From experience with behavioural data and meta-analyses, my supervisor said that there no option is necessarily preferable. Is there any recommendation you could give based on your experiences with fMRI data? My dataset consists of 50 subjects with 600 time points.

Many thanks and best regards,
Stef
Subject Author Posted

Output of 3dGroupInCorr

s.meliss March 31, 2021 07:01AM

Re: Output of 3dGroupInCorr

RWCox April 01, 2021 11:35AM

Re: Output of 3dGroupInCorr

s.meliss May 11, 2021 05:03AM