AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 03, 2021 03:25PM
3dLME documentation states, "3dLME only allows for one voxelwise covariate per subject". If I have multiple visits per subject, is it possible to use voxelwise covariates?
Currently, when I attempt this by specifying a separate voxelwise covariate file per subject visit the design matrix appears to process correctly but 3dLME halts after loading inputs with this error:

***** End of data structure information *****
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Reading input files now...
Reading input files: Done!
Range of input data: [-0.460, 0.891]

If the program hangs here for more than, for example, half an hour,
kill the process because the model specification or the GLT coding
is likely inappropriate.

[1] "Great, test run passed at voxel (54614, 1, 1)!"
[1] "Start to compute 1 slices along Z axis. You can monitor the progress"
[1] "and estimate the total run time as shown below."
[1] "05/03/21 19:12:31.496"
Error in rbind(inData, array(0, dim = c(fill, NoFile))) : 
  number of columns of matrices must match (see arg 2)
Execution halted

In a separate test, I instead specified the subject mean voxelwise covariate at each visit, ie the same mean file for each visit. This works for qVars but does not appear to work for vVars.

Here is an abbreviated command:
3dLME
                -model "DX*VISIT+COVARFILE" \
                -vVars "COVARFILE" \
                -ranEff '~1' \
                -SS_type 3 \

If i remove the voxelwise covariate from the model but not the datatable, the model runs fine.

thanks
Subject Author Posted

3dLME - voxel-wise covariate for mulitple visits possible?

josef ling May 03, 2021 03:25PM

Re: 3dLME - voxel-wise covariate for mulitple visits possible?

gang May 04, 2021 10:39PM