AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
August 11, 2021 03:57PM
Hi!

I am currently using the May 29, 2021 version of AFNI, and I am trying to build an anatomical mask via the Define Datamode>Plugins>Draw Dataset function. I copied an MNI template into my results folder (because I otherwise cannot "call" any templates from abin for some reason....) with my gen_group_command.py results, but a peculiar thing is happening when I try to build my anatomical mask.

I am trying to include all parietal areas in my anatomical mask, and I successfully fill in the Left and Right Inferior Parietal Lobules but when I try to scroll down to search for the Superior Parietal Lobules, I can only "reach" the Left one. I tried searching for solutions and found a AFNI message board response from Glen saying to right click and it should come up as a scrollable list, but that failed. It comes up as floating, static box with three columns of brain regions, and clearly continues lower but I cannot go any lower.... I have tried restarting AFNI, clicking every which way, using my arrow buttons and "enter" to no avail, and the box disappears each time you select a region. Is this a software issue or am I not doing something correctly? Can you recommend any solutions, or alternate ways of creating the mask with the GUI?

Thank you!
Subject Author Posted

atlas scrolling for mask building

sarabethsullivan August 11, 2021 03:57PM

Re: atlas scrolling for mask building

ptaylor August 11, 2021 03:59PM

Re: atlas scrolling for mask building

Daniel Glen August 11, 2021 07:46PM