AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
JW
August 18, 2021 09:25PM
Dear AFNI experts,

I created the left hippocampal mask from FreeSurfer segementation and tried to extract FA values using 3dmaskave, which showed the below error.

++ WARNING: file /Users/titus/.afni.log is now 7359264127 (7.4 billion) bytes long!
++ 3dmaskave: AFNI version=AFNI_19.3.11 (Nov 1 2019) [64-bit]
*+ WARNING: If you are performing spatial transformations on an oblique dset,
such as /Data/EPC/practice/ROI/EPC001.pre/lhipp.nii.gz,
or viewing/combining it with volumes of differing obliquity,
you should consider running:
3dWarp -deoblique
on this and other oblique datasets in the same session.
See 3dWarp -help for details.
++ Oblique dataset:/Data/EPC/practice/ROI/EPC001.pre/lhipp.nii.gz is 29.999701 degrees from plumb.
++ Oblique dataset:/Data/EPC/practice/EPC001/EPC001.pre/dwi/FA.nii.gz is 29.999701 degrees from plumb.
*+ WARNING: Input dataset /Data/EPC/practice/EPC001/EPC001.pre/dwi/FA.nii.gz grid mismatch from mask.
Try the following command for grid comparison:
3dinfo -header_line -prefix -same_all_grid /Data/EPC/practice/ROI/EPC001.pre/lhipp.nii.gz /Data/EPC/practice/EPC001/EPC001.pre/dwi/FA.nii.gz

When running 3dinfo -header_line -prefix -same_all_grid /Data/EPC/practice/ROI/EPC001.pre/lhipp.nii.gz /Data/EPC/practice/EPC001/EPC001.pre/dwi/FA.nii.gz, it showed the below.

prefix =dim? =delt? =ornt? =cent? =obl?
lhipp.nii.gz 0 0 1 0 1
FA.nii.gz 0 0 1 1 1

I also tried 3dresample using the below command.
3dresample -rmode NN -master /Data/EPC/practice/EPC001/EPC001.pre/dwi/FA.nii.gz -inset /Data/EPC/practice/ROI/EPC001.pre/lhipp.nii.gz -prefix /Data/EPC/practice/ROI/EPC001.pre/lhipp_resampled.nii.gz

But, the 3dinfo -header showed the same results. Could you please advise how to solve this issue? I also attached the screenshot of the left hippocampal mask overlay and FA underlay, which I think there is no issue in terms of segementation.

Best,
JW
Attachments:
open | download - 1.jpg (94.8 KB)
Subject Author Posted

3dmaskave grid mismatch Attachments

JW August 18, 2021 09:25PM

Re: 3dmaskave grid mismatch

ptaylor August 19, 2021 09:40AM

JW August 25, 2021 09:52AM