AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
August 26, 2021 02:38PM
Hi,

I have been using -recon all for brain parcellation, it works well until some wrong parcellation in one of the healthy subject.
We made ROI maps by extracting the following anatomical areas based on the parcellation:
STS - ctx_lh_S_temporal_su
STG - ctx_lh_G_temp_sup-Lat
MTG - ctx_lh_G_temporal_mid
In this subject, the red and orange parts highlighted below are thought to be STG/S areas, but actually the yellow parts (I drew in ppt) should be the real STG/S.

I have tried to reconstruct a few times (and with different computers), the parcellation was still the same.
Here are the steps for recon-all (an automated script that I use for every subject):
cd ..
set p = `pwd`
set SUBJECTS_DIR = {$p}
setenv SUBJECTS_DIR {$p}
recon-all -autorecon1 -s fs
recon-all -autorecon2 -s fs -notessellate -nosmooth1 -noinflate1 -noqsphere -nofix -nofinalsurfs \
-nosmooth2 -noinflate2 -nocortribbon
recon-all -s fs -hemi lh -log $SUBJECTS_DIR/fs/scripts/recon-all_lh.log -status $SUBJECTS_DIR/fs/scripts/recon-all-status_lh.log \
-tessellate -smooth1 -inflate1 -qsphere -fix -finalsurfs -smooth2 -inflate2 -cortribbon -autorecon3 &
recon-all -s fs -hemi rh -log $SUBJECTS_DIR/fs/scripts/recon-all_rh.log -status $SUBJECTS_DIR/fs/scripts/recon-all-status_rh.log \
-tessellate -smooth1 -inflate1 -qsphere -fix -finalsurfs -smooth2 -inflate2 -cortribbon -autorecon3

What should I do in this case to get the correct STG/S ROI?

Thanks!!!

Yue
Subject Author Posted

recon-all parcellation failure

yue1988 August 26, 2021 02:38PM

Re: recon-all parcellation failure

ptaylor August 26, 2021 02:41PM