AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
August 26, 2021 06:24PM
I see. I guess I might have processed the 2 time series in a single afni_proc.py command, and then split them at the end. That way, they would share the same volreg volume, and should be essentially aligned and in the same space at the end. Even without that, the should be pretty similar (unless the sessions were very different, brightness patterns and coverage changed, etc.).

Note that in afn_proc.py masks are *generated* and used for a couple things, but typically not *applied* to the datasets themselves---so there is data everywhere, and most programs have a "-mask .." option when needed to provide one.

In terms of concatenating the runs during processing, that could be chosen either way. But typically I might not mask the time series themselves.

That being said, it is good to be aware of the practical coverage of the data---if you have data with extremely low SNR and effectively no real signal in it in a region, do you want to include it in your matrix? I am not sure. You could include it, and hopefully it would just be noisy/zero, or you could choose to exclude some of the Power atlas because of how it overlaps (or where it doesn't) with your mask.

--pt
Subject Author Posted

Functional connectivity analyses questions (3dUndump and 3dNetCorr)

JW August 26, 2021 02:40PM

Re: Functional connectivity analyses questions (3dUndump and 3dNetCorr)

ptaylor August 26, 2021 02:51PM

Re: Functional connectivity analyses questions (3dUndump and 3dNetCorr) Attachments

JW August 26, 2021 03:10PM

ptaylor August 26, 2021 03:29PM

JW August 26, 2021 04:53PM

ptaylor August 26, 2021 04:59PM

JW August 26, 2021 05:49PM

ptaylor August 26, 2021 06:24PM

JW August 27, 2021 10:06AM

ptaylor August 27, 2021 04:35PM

JW August 27, 2021 05:39PM

ptaylor September 01, 2021 01:55PM

JW September 02, 2021 03:37PM