AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
September 24, 2021 11:10AM
I am using the -Clustsim option in 3dttest++ to try and do a small volume correction for a bilateral dlPFC mask. Input files are from a seed-based resting functional connectivity analysis. I've successfully implemented the correction using e.g. a whole brain mask, but with the smaller mask am running into problems in which 3dClustSim "fails" for some seed regions and/or group comparisons. If I re-run the identical analysis, different seeds and/or group comparisons fail. However, for some seeds/comparisons on each run through it works just fine, suggesting the mask is being read in to the program okay.

In the terminal window I'm getting errors like this - that one of the .sdat files isn't long enough:
Example 1:
++ loading -setB datasets
562019.52562** FATAL ERROR: data file './CS.AD-Risk.N146b.Amg+Ce_Bilateral_D1E1_Oct2020_reorient.0trxb.NwcmdfX0.4.aw.s6.mni.0181.sdat' isn't long enough
** Program compile date = Jan 7 2021
645*+ WARNING: 3dttest++ -setB :: 234 vectors are constant
++ t-test randomsign/permute:0** FATAL ERROR: ===== 3dClustSim command failed sad smiley(( =====

Example 2:
** FATAL ERROR: data file './CS.Risk-Control.N146b.2mm_newCe_D1E1_Bilateral.0trxb.NwcmdfX0.4.aw.s6.mni.0186.sdat' isn't long enough
** Program compile date = Jan 7 2021
18** FATAL ERROR: ===== 3dClustSim command failed sad smiley(( =====

Are there any options known to improve Clustsim performance with smaller masks? Any insight into what this error means would also be helpful - the .sdat files are not easily read (binary files?) so comparing one that is long enough versus one that is not has not been informative.

Thanks!
Subject Author Posted

Clustsim Failure in 3dttest++, any tips for small volume correction?

lewilliams September 24, 2021 11:10AM

Re: Clustsim Failure in 3dttest++, any tips for small volume correction?

RWCox September 28, 2021 12:52PM