AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
October 06, 2021 12:49PM
> I first centered around the mean of each session. Then in the 3dLME script I am testing what the effects would be
> if Movement was not happening, i.e. =0 (which I guess would be the default anyway). Is this interpretation correct?

Yes, your interpretation seems correct. If you meant the default of 3dLME for centering, the center value is actually the overall average, not 0.

> If I want to see the direction of the main effects, should I code GLTs as shown in the script?

They look fine.

> why in that case the clusters I amobtaining with the Z tests (corresponding to glt) do not correspond 100% to those
> of the F tests (e.g., in terms of cluster size)?

Under the conventional ANOVA framework, they would usually end up the same. Under LME, these two types of statistics (F- and Z-statistic) are obtained through a slightly different formulation. So it's expected the two do not exactly match. As long as they are roughly similar, it should be fine. The exact number of voxels in a cluster is defined arbitrarily anyway because of the artificial dichotomization.

Gang
Subject Author Posted

3dLME, F tests and GLts

giono October 05, 2021 10:14AM

Re: 3dLME, F tests and GLts

gang October 06, 2021 12:49PM

giono March 29, 2022 07:50AM

gang March 30, 2022 09:17AM