AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
November 09, 2021 03:01AM
Dear Rick,

this is very good information. In fact, the solution to question number 2 was much easier than I thought. Both options, that is, the one via the GUI and the one via the -batch method work now.

I would have another question beside question 1 in my first post, also in relation to this topic. My dataset contains 25 subjects and I am analyzing three sessions:

- One resting-state session (1 run per subject)
- One task-based with 6 runs but processed as if it were a resting-state run (for dynamic measurements and their comparison with the resting-state session)
- One task-based with 6 runs (same as above) but properly processed as task-based.

The dataset has physiological recordings (both cardiac and respiration) for almost all subjects and runs. However, some physiological recordings are missing:
- Subject 3: cardiac and respiration recordings are missing for run 5 and 6
- Subject 8: respiration is missing for run 6
- Subject 16: both physiological recordings are missing for the resting-state

My question is if I should apply a bandpassfilter of 0.01-0.05 Hz for these subjects’ runs or simply preprocess these subjects’ runs without bandpassing, even though they will consequently lack physiological regression? I learnt all the deficits that come with bandpassing from you AFNI people and I generally try to avoid bandpassing now. I was just thinking if it is appropriate to skip the physiological regression in these specific runs without bandpassing and to proceed like this for further resting-state as well as task-based measurements.
Subject Author Posted

Resting-state Functional Connectivity in AFNI

Philipp November 03, 2021 06:21AM

Re: Resting-state Functional Connectivity in AFNI

rick reynolds November 08, 2021 11:59AM

Philipp November 09, 2021 03:01AM

rick reynolds November 12, 2021 08:45PM