AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
January 01, 2022 02:26PM
Hi Gang and Rick,

Gang, thank you. Your solution for AFNI worked fine. I totally forgot that it is possible to select columns with 1dcat. So what your approach with AFNI does is the following:
1. 3dmaskdump: Extraction of all voxels from all subjects into one .1D file. This file contains as many columns as subjects. Each column contains the voxels from one specific subject.
2. Transpose all columns into one single row. The result is one row that contains the voxels from all subjects.
3. Transpose the row into a column.

Rick, when using 3dmaskdump per subject, the output was one file per subject that contains one column with thousands of voxels (one voxel per row). In this case, I already used 1dcat in order to "cat" the single columns together into a new file. Of course, the result was a new file that contains as many columns as subjects, while I wanted to add "one column after another" so that the number of columns (=1) remains stable (instead of having as many columns as there are subjects). I then thought that it is probably impossible to achieve my aim in AFNI and created this topic.
However, as stated above, I totally forgot about the single column selection option via 1dcat and the idea to transpose (File1'[0]'\', ...).

Happy new year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2022 02:26PM by Philipp.
Subject Author Posted

Extracting all voxels’ values into one column file (multiple subjects)

Philipp January 01, 2022 06:08AM

Re: Extracting all voxels’ values into one column file (multiple subjects)

gang January 01, 2022 11:54AM

rick reynolds January 01, 2022 12:18PM

Philipp January 01, 2022 02:26PM