AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
January 02, 2022 05:34AM
Hello AFNI gurus, happy new year;

I'm trying to replicate an AFNI routine in MATLAB. We first do a periodogram of an fMRI time series, then smooth it with the following command:

3dTsmooth -hamming 7 periodogrammed_fMRI

I tried to read the documentation of 3dTsmooth and it was a bit unclear to me. Does it applies a hamming window of 7 time points as windows to data. For example, if the fMRI time series is 150 time points, does it apply the filter to first 7 time points (0-6), then the second 7 (1-7) then the third etc. until reaches the end? I tried to read the source code too only to realize I don't know C. So, any help is greatly appreciated.

Best and to many years with AFNI,
Yasir
Subject Author Posted

3dTSmooth: What exactly it does

duodenum January 02, 2022 05:34AM

Re: 3dTSmooth: What exactly it does

Daniel Glen January 15, 2022 04:45PM

Re: 3dTSmooth: What exactly it does

duodenum January 25, 2022 08:06AM