AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
January 19, 2022 02:20PM
I agree with Josh on this... The error being produced is from FSL's flirt, so you should probably check with them...

I will say that this script is somewhat problematic in the following ways:
1) you're using 3dvolreg with the -tshift option, which is convenient but you probably also should to slice timing correction in 3dTshift in case your file doesn't have the slice information.
2) The reorientation of the image after calculating motion might cause havoc in later applying the matrix, particularly when crossing softwares

Since you asked the question on the AFNI message board, I'll be happy to also say that our tools can do this entire process for you as well using 3dAllineate instead of Flirt. Or you could make use of our superscript afni_proc.py to fully process your data and thanks to the <insert great adjectives here> Paul Taylor and others, get very pretty QC images at the end of it.

A full introduction to AFNI can be found on YouTube. And of course we're here to help.
Subject Author Posted

AFNI Pre-Processing Issue

naiirlab January 18, 2022 09:45PM

Re: AFNI Pre-Processing Issue

jbteves January 19, 2022 08:37AM

naiirlab January 25, 2022 03:52PM

Peter Molfese January 26, 2022 10:49AM

Peter Molfese January 19, 2022 02:20PM