AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
February 01, 2022 03:45PM
dcm2niix is maintained by Chris Rorden. You could open an issue here: [github.com] though I suspect he will be of the opinion that it's better to spew too many messages than too few. It is packaged with AFNI for everyone's convenience as it is a very popular and useful tool.

Practically speaking, the solution is probably just for you to use `grep` to filter out those warnings. You could try this:

dcm2niix_afni MY_DIR | grep -v "Unknown Manufacturer"

which will only display lines that do not contain the substring "Unknown Manufacturer"

Lastly, dcm2niix is not designed to read compressed files, to my knowledge. The most common solution is to programatically or manually un-archive the dicom files and then run the program.
Subject Author Posted

dcm2niix_afni gives out too many warning messages

Juen January 20, 2022 11:06PM

Re: dcm2niix_afni gives out too many warning messages

jbteves February 01, 2022 03:45PM