AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
February 02, 2022 01:23PM
Hello,

I created resection masks in volumetric space and transformed them to surface-space on the std.141 mesh using 3dVol2Surf. Before using 3dVol2Surf, I also applied 3dmask_tool with the -fill_holes flag and -dilate_result 2. Most of my masks look really good but they are not perfect, which is totally expected.This is not AFNI or SUMA's fault; it is actually my own human error in validating the masks which were created through machine-learning. I have attached 2 sample photos. In one case you can see an erroneous dot that should not have been part of the resection. In the other image, there are some small holes along the resected gyrus. I know how to use the draw dataset plug-in in AFNI to modify the resection.nii file before transforming it onto the surface. This is a very useful tool. However, is there a way to modify the niml.dset file directly using a similar tool in SUMA? I have tried using the draw ROI function under tools, but whenever I set a value of 0 or 1 and draw a region to modify the resection.niml.dset file, it instead creates a new ROI file. How can I directly paint on the mesh to modify this niml.dset file? If there is no way to do this, what would be the best way to fill in these holes or remove erroneous parts?

Thanks for your help!
Attachments:
open | download - Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 1.14.51 PM.png (51.4 KB)
open | download - Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 1.15.01 PM.png (61.5 KB)
Subject Author Posted

Using SUMA Draw ROI function to edit niml.dset file Attachments

witherscp February 02, 2022 01:23PM

Re: Using SUMA Draw ROI function to edit niml.dset file

Daniel Glen February 02, 2022 05:29PM

Re: Using SUMA Draw ROI function to edit niml.dset file

witherscp February 14, 2022 12:12PM