AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
February 14, 2022 12:21PM
Hello,

I want to find the Euclidean distance between a node in one hemisphere and the location of every surface node in both hemispheres.

For example, for node 105 in the left hemisphere, I want to know how far this is from every node in the right hemisphere and left hemisphere of the pial surface. I am using this command:
SurfDist -I std.141.${hemisphere}.pial.gii -from_node 105L -input nodes.1D -Euclidean
Nodes.1D is a list of number [0,198812). When $hemisphere is set to "lh" vs. "rh", I get different output distances, but I am concerned that the function is ignoring the L in "from_node 105L" and just looking at the distances between node 105 to every other node within each hemisphere's surface. How can I find euclidean distances across the hemisphere?

Thanks!
Subject Author Posted

Cross-hemispheric Euclidean distance w/ SurfDist

witherscp February 14, 2022 12:21PM

Re: Cross-hemispheric Euclidean distance w/ SurfDist

ptaylor February 14, 2022 04:01PM

Daniel Glen February 14, 2022 06:25PM

ptaylor February 15, 2022 10:23AM

Daniel Glen February 15, 2022 12:21PM