AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
September 29, 2022 04:23PM
Dear AFNI Colleagues,

I need to smooth multiple data sets to the same level of smoothness that I estimate using 3dFWHMx . I apply the smoothing with 3dBlurToFWHM and provide the input dataset for -blurmaster and -detrend, which is fine for datasets with more than one time frame.

However, in the cases where only one frame is available, 3dFWHMx has -2difMAD to provide an estimate of smoothness, but I don't know what to use for -blurmaster with 3dBlurToFWHM since detrending is no longer valid. Is there a way to output the detrended volume created by 3dFWHMx so that i can provide it to 3dBlurToFWHM regardless of whether -2difMAD was used or not? Alternately, is there a command I can use to detrend a la -2difMAD from the command line?

All the best,
Ziad
Subject Author Posted

3dFWHMx and 3dBlurToFWHM

Ziad Saad September 29, 2022 04:23PM