AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
October 06, 2022 08:56AM
Hello!

Silly question, but I have never used ICA for neither cleaning/de-noising or for analysis.

A post here from 2016 stated that AFNI did not have any ICA tools. But I did find that it now does:
[afni.nimh.nih.gov]

This seems to be the AFNI version of doingICA de-noising. I.e. using ICA for pre-processing.

Does AFNI now have ICA for both pre-processing AND for analysis?

The sillyness of this question might be that I lack the understanding of the difference between anaysis (getting results) from ICA and using ICA for pre-processing /cleaning the data and group-ICA.

Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2022 08:57AM by Robin.
Subject Author Posted

AFNI and ICA?

Robin October 06, 2022 08:56AM

Re: AFNI and ICA?

gang October 07, 2022 03:20PM

Re: AFNI and ICA?

Robin October 07, 2022 07:36PM