AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
October 25, 2022 09:34AM
Howdy-

I'm a little confused. Did you first run afni_proc.py, and now you are separately running align_epi_anat.py in the same directory? If so, I was wondering why you are running this separately, after the analysis is complete?

Separately, in this line of the afni_proc.py command:
-align_opts_aea -cost lpa -cost lpa+ZZ -giant_move \
... "-cost .." should not be specified twice. Also, generally neither lpa or lpa+ZZ should be used for EPI-anatomical alignment, because those two volumes have opposite tissue contrasts (NB: if a subject has an injection, sometimes that can change the relative EPI contrast, but such cases are rare). We would generally recommend using "lpc" or "lpc+ZZ" there, instead.

For your FreeSurfer follower ROIs, please check out this helpful page:
https://afni.nimh.nih.gov/pub/dist/doc/htmldoc/tutorials/fs/fs_makespec.html
In general, the *REN* datasets would be preferred to the "aparc.a2009s+aseg.nii.gz" ones. Also, there are WM and ventricle maps created for users in the output SUMA/ directory.

It is a little odd not to see a 'volreg' block, for motion estimation and reduction. I am not sure what this line:
-regress_apply_mot_types demean deriv \

... will do then, since there aren't motion regressors to demean or derivatize?

-pt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2022 10:07AM by ptaylor.
Subject Author Posted

align_epi_anat.py question Attachments

JW October 23, 2022 04:30PM

Re: align_epi_anat.py question

ptaylor October 25, 2022 09:34AM

Re: align_epi_anat.py question

JW October 26, 2022 03:32PM