History of AFNI updates  

|
December 12, 2022 10:52AM
Hi Paul,

When you say that you get "bad results", what does that mean---if you put your recentered data into afni_proc.py, is the EPI-anatomical alignment not good (ve2a block), or is the anatomical-template alignment not good (va2t block)?

By "bad results" I refered to the new or lower image attached, that is, the result of 3drefit (and not a preprocessed result by AFNI proc).

I remember that when I previously ran AFNI proc on such "bad" anatomical-functional overlaps, I often got bad or simply messed up alignment results from AFNI proc. Then, I ran the same 3drefit script as shown above (you helped me here long ago, suggesting to run this script), which resulted into a really nice anatomical-functional overlap.

However, this time the functional scan still looks so oblique after running 3drefit. In fact, even after running 3drefit the oblique degree looks almost like before, as if I only ran
 -oblique_recenter
but not
-deoblique

Thats why I aimed to a get good overlap before running AFNI proc at all (I did not even run AFNI proc yet).
So thanks for your answer, I did really not expect that *this* overlap result by 3drefit can be good enough for proper preprocessing (which I will try out after SSwarper is ready and then probably report back here in case I face further problems that I cannot solve on my own).

One more question:
Some subjects’ raw anatomical and functional scans are in +orig space, while others are in +tlrc space. I considered that in the 3drefit script by simply changing the code lines to +orig or +tlrc, depending on the subject. Next, I would feed the results of 3drefit to SSwarper and subsequently to AFNI proc. Does AFNI proc handle both the +orig and +tlrc files fine, or do I have to apply @auto_tlrc on the +orig subjects even before running SSwarper and AFNI proc?
Subject Author Posted

How to improve 3drefit’s deoblique results? Attachments

Philipp December 12, 2022 09:01AM

Re: How to improve 3drefit’s deoblique results?

ptaylor December 12, 2022 10:38AM

Philipp December 12, 2022 10:52AM

ptaylor December 12, 2022 11:30AM

Re: How to improve 3drefit’s deoblique results? Attachments

Philipp December 13, 2022 05:25AM

ptaylor December 13, 2022 06:50AM

Philipp December 13, 2022 06:59AM

ptaylor December 13, 2022 07:07AM

Philipp December 13, 2022 07:11AM

ptaylor December 13, 2022 01:39PM

Philipp December 14, 2022 05:51AM

ptaylor December 14, 2022 08:00AM

Philipp December 14, 2022 09:18AM

ptaylor December 14, 2022 04:09PM