AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
January 16, 2023 10:00AM
Hello!

I'm trying to run some analyses that are conceptually similar to a PPI and parametric modulation. In a nutshell, I'm going to be using the trial-by-trial beta parameter from my anticipatory (cue) epoch as a parametric regressor for my feedback (FB) epoch. So the first step is to run individual level analyses to get the trial-by-trial coefficients for my cue epoch.

My task has an anticipatory (cue) epoch, then a feedback (FB) epoch. It has 72 trials and 3 runs. I need to run an individual level analysis that gives me a coefficient for the cue epoch for each of the 72 trials, so essentially i'd have analysis with 72 sub-briks, one for each cue onset of each trial.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Where I'm getting stuck is how best to model the regressors- I think what I want is 72 separate 1D files, each filled with the onset:duration of the cue epoch for that trial (1-72). However, I'm unsure what these should look like. For example, do I want for the first trial something like this?

9:2
This would account for the fact that this cue onset:duration trial is in run 1. Or do I just want something like this

9:2

which would simply be the onset:duration for the cue event for trial.

the next tricky thing is figuring out how to code this, but that I can figure out on my own. Unless you know of a nice tool that's already programmed to split out your 1D files into trial-by-trial regressors!

I'm more than happy to provide any other information that would be helpful. Thank you so much!!
Subject Author Posted

Creating trial-by-trial regressors

tue50988 January 16, 2023 10:00AM

Re: Creating trial-by-trial regressors

rick reynolds January 16, 2023 11:24AM

tue50988 January 16, 2023 11:37AM

rick reynolds January 16, 2023 11:57AM

tue50988 January 16, 2023 12:02PM