AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
February 08, 2023 02:17PM
Thanks for giving good suggestions!

Unfortunately, changing cost functions and several different options of move (cmass, big, giant, and ginormous) also failed to align the partial anatomical 3d image. But, the alignment process was a success by changing another option. In the original script that I used before, I differentiated the whole brain 3d and the partial image by using '-anat' and '-epi' though both images are 3d. After I changed the parts to '-dset1 and -dset2', I think the alignment was successful, as you can see in the attached image. I do not know why the difference was made by changing the parts. Anyway, I would like to appreciate your help, and I hope my experience will be helpful to other AFNI users. I also attached the original and new script.

Have a good day.

############ original script ############
align_epi_anat.py \
-anat ${subj}_expvol+orig \
-epi ${subj}_expvo02l+orig \
-epi2anat \
-suffix _tse_aligned

############ new script ############
align_epi_anat.py \
-dset1 ${subj}_expvol+orig \
-dset2 ${subj}_expvol02_deobl+orig \
-dset2to1 \
-suffix _tse_aligned
Attachments:
open | download - a.png (419 KB)
Subject Author Posted

How can I align a partial 3d image (Turbo-spin echo) to a whole brain 3d image (T1)? Attachments

shjung February 06, 2023 01:41PM

Re: How can I align a partial 3d image (Turbo-spin echo) to a whole brain 3d image (T1)?

Daniel Glen February 07, 2023 11:16AM

Re: How can I align a partial 3d image (Turbo-spin echo) to a whole brain 3d image (T1)? Attachments

shjung February 08, 2023 02:17PM

Re: How can I align a partial 3d image (Turbo-spin echo) to a whole brain 3d image (T1)?

Daniel Glen February 08, 2023 11:33PM