AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
February 16, 2023 12:21PM
Hi all,
I'm trying to run a beta series analysis on some data I have. I have a task with 66 trials, 22 in each of 3 conditions (7 events per trial are modeled). I have set the trial type descriptor to -stim_times_IM for each event type, but I note that in the output, I'm seeing only 11 (but sometimes 12 or 13!) regressors per event type. I should be seeing 22, to my understanding. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong because each of my 1D files have have the correct amount of lines.

The other problem I'm getting is crashes on running the 3dDeconvolve command in some cases:
1) Fatal Signal 11 (SIGSEGV) received in job #0
and
2) malloc errors.

The data files that are the inputs are 2 blocks (300 MB each). The system has 16 GB of RAM (some of which is used elsewhere). I can't figure out, though, why some analyses work and others don't. Any input would be helpful.

I am using AFNI 22.0.04 on Linux Ubuntu 20.04 (linux_x86_64 binaries).

Thanks,
Matt
Subject Author Posted

Beta Series questions

Matthew Hoptman February 16, 2023 12:21PM

Re: Beta Series questions

rick reynolds February 16, 2023 05:23PM

Matthew Hoptman February 16, 2023 10:46PM

rick reynolds February 17, 2023 12:16PM