AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
February 23, 2023 07:44AM
Thanks a lot for this Gang,
I have some additional (related) questions that I cannot easily address.

I just would like to run an SCV to further explore and characterize my results (using small preregistered ROIs, which I found as being significantly involved in the task when running some t-tests on the averaged beta weights as well as when looking at the results from the whole brain). To do this, I was applying a 3dttest++ and 3dClustSim to each of the small ROIs and looking at the clusters that survive an initial uncorrected threshold of .001 or .005, but I didn't do anything with the FWHM, which turns to be very relevant in voxel-wise analysis in small regions. I have, however, some doubts about what I did so far:

- How can I implement FWHM in my analysis? More specifically, in the second-level analysis, I should use the acf obtained from the mean group (3dttest++) or that one at individual level (from 3dDeconvolve)? (I am very new to afni, and I am still learning how to program). I am using 3dDeconvolve and 3dREMLfit for my first-level analysis.

- Is it correct to use ClustSim in a small volume (e.g. VTA, which has 40 voxels)? I would think that a peak-level analysis (as SVC in SPM) would be more appropriate here. If this is correct, wherein the output I need to look? I guess I should look at the peak of the cluster and check with the alpha value that comes from the analysis with the FWHM?

Thanks a lot in advance for your kind help!

Silvia
Subject Author Posted

SVC with afni

silvia2 February 19, 2023 03:25AM

Re: SVC with afni

gang February 19, 2023 09:15AM

silvia2 February 23, 2023 07:44AM

gang February 23, 2023 02:57PM