AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 02, 2023 10:38PM
Hello!

I am a relatively new user of afni.proc.py and have a question about what regress_basis option that I should use for my analysis.

The fMRI data that I am analyzing is an event-related design memory task, which includes three types of events (i.e., negative rating, neutral rating, binding). For each type of event (e.g., negative rating), the duration is the same across the whole task (e.g., 2.5s) and across all the participants (the stimulus onset times are different across participants). Given this design, is it correct to use the "-regress_basis 'BLOCK(duration,1)" option? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!!

The part of my afni.proc.py script for the first-level GLM analysis (including the -regress_basis part) is detailed below:
-regress_stim_times negative_rating.txt \
neutral_rating.txt \
binding.txt \
-regress_stim_labels negative_rating \
neutral_rating \
binding \
-regress_basis 'BLOCK(2.5,1)' \
'BLOCK(2.5,1)' \
'BLOCK(3,1)' \
Subject Author Posted

afni.proc.py regress_basis option

zcui12 March 02, 2023 10:38PM