AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 13, 2023 02:07AM
Dear AFNI experts,

I'm trying to use SurfMesh to generate higher density meshes with something like:
SurfMesh -i SUMA/lh.smoothwm.gii -o SUMA.hd/lh.smoothwm.gii -edges 2
SurfMesh -i SUMA/lh.pial.gii -o SUMA.hd/lh.pial.gii -edges 2

The meshes are generated without error and the number of faces doubled as expected.
However, the order of vertices seems to be randomized, so that the correspondence between nodes with the same index in the two surfaces no longer holds.
In fact, running SurfMesh for the same input mesh twice seems to generate completely different node orders.

Is there a way to maintain the output vertices order across multiple calls to the SurfMesh command, so that we can keep the node correspondence between smoothwm and pial after upsampling?

Many thanks!
Subject Author Posted

Vertices order randomly changes in SurfMesh results

herrlich10 March 13, 2023 02:07AM

Re: Vertices order randomly changes in SurfMesh results

Daniel Glen March 13, 2023 11:04AM