History of AFNI updates  

|
May 18, 2023 09:15AM
Dear all,

I am currently working with the HCP 7T minimally preprocessed dataset. Initially, I tried to preprocess the raw data (which the HCP also provides). However, I face too many problems in preprocessing their raw data with AFNI. The HCP information also states that their raw data is a bit special and requires more elaborated preprocessing methods. Since my knowledge is not sufficient to deal with all these problems inherent in their raw data, I went back to the minimally preprocessed data.

The HCP preprocessed data did not apply motion censoring thatI wanted to apply beside some further preprocessing steps in AFNI proc (such as bandpassing).
However, their functional runs are already aligned to MNI, hence I have to drop the volreg block in AFNI proc.
But the volreg block is required for head motion censoring, since the software needs to estimate head motion in the first place.

One can provide head motion data directly to
-regress_censor_motion
but HCP provides no head motion data.

The question now is: what can I do to apply head motion censoring in the preprocessed HCP data? Is there any option?
Subject Author Posted

HCP 7T preprocessed data - how to apply head motion correction and censoring?

Philipp May 18, 2023 09:15AM

Re: HCP 7T preprocessed data - how to apply head motion correction and censoring?

rick reynolds May 23, 2023 03:49PM

Re: HCP 7T preprocessed data - how to apply head motion correction and censoring?

Philipp May 24, 2023 12:27AM

rick reynolds May 24, 2023 09:14AM