AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
bob cox
April 23, 2003 07:33PM
Actually, the program is probably going to read the images OK, but you have to let the error messages run free. The reasons for this behavior are that I changed the order in which the program tries different file formats. Most formats come with some marker near the start of the file indicating their contents, but DICOM does not require such a marker. So if the program can't guess the filetype from its filename, then it tries DICOM - but your files aren't DICOM, so then the DICOM reading functions (adapted from the RSNA's sample programs) complain. After DICOM fails, then at the last gasp the program tries the simplest binary formats, including the GE IMGF format and the various headerless formats AFNI knows about - one of which I guess fits your data.

I don't know an easy solution for you, at least at the moment. Do you get the data read OK if you just let the messages roll on?

bob cox
Subject Author Posted

to3d and dicom

Dianne Patterson April 23, 2003 05:14PM

Re: to3d and dicom

bob cox April 23, 2003 07:33PM

Re: to3d and dicom

Dianne Patterson April 24, 2003 05:20PM