AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 14, 2003 07:39PM
In trying to automate a few tasks, I am writing a script that does the same thing as "Compute Fim+" from within AFNI. I see that 3dfim+ from the command line should give nearly the same result (within rounding error) as using AFNI.

Fit Coef & Correlation values seem comparable using either method, slightly different but within rounding error.

% Change seems dubious:

1) With % Change values, somthing is strange: in the "Define Function" pane, the "ranges of dataset values" shows up as -1000 to 1000 with a dataset created using 3dfim+, -506.0132 to 2523.673 with AFNI (using the same input dataset). Using "Func Info", I found the following information:

3dfim+:
-- At sub-brick #1 '% Change' datum type is short: -32767 to 32767 [internal]
[* 0.0305185] -1000 to 1000 [scaled]
AFNI:
-- At sub-brick #1 '% Change' datum type is short: -6570 to 32767 [internal]
[* 0.0770188] -506.013 to 2523.67 [scaled]

2) When all three image windows are open, the Func values can be displayed in the "Define Function" pane. There are several voxels that are "0" using the AFNI method and a negative number (e.g. -70, -300, -777) using 3dfim+.

I'd like to make sure that these methods produce the same results. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

- Jay

Subject Author Posted

"Compute Fim+" (AFNI) vs. 3dfim+ (command line)

Jay Starkey May 14, 2003 07:39PM

Re: "Compute Fim+" (AFNI) vs. 3dfim+ (command line)

B. Douglas Ward May 15, 2003 02:26PM