AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
August 21, 2003 12:11PM
Well, X and X'X are only composed of the elements of your stimulus files (plus some other parameters), therefore the problem would be something related to your stimulus files, but not the contrast setup.

Since you are really running 3dDeconvolve for linear regression, not deconvolution, the non-invertible problem is more likely to be some errors in one or more of those regressors. I suggest that you use "1dplot" to plot out all the 14 regressors (those *.1D files) and check whether you have mistakenly created two identical regressors. If you don't have a big screen, try the option "-use #" in 1dplot to plot only first # of data points in your regressors so that you could tell the differences among those curves.

As far as I can tell, you are doing fine with the contrast tests. One thing I am not so sure is that you might need to put those -glt lines before the output line "-tout -bucket gltreg" to make sure your output gltreg+orig.BRIK would include the differences and their corresponding T valuse of the constrast tests.

Let me know if this method helps you find out the problem.

Cheers,
Gang
Subject Author Posted

Matrix error

Jim Bjork August 21, 2003 10:47AM

Re: Matrix error

Gang Chen August 21, 2003 12:11PM

Et viola

Jim Bjork August 21, 2003 01:02PM