AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
Ziad Saad
September 05, 2003 04:19PM
Hello Martin,

I am sure people have attempted each of these 4 points but perhaps not in this succession. Here are some programs to try for each stage:
1- Draw Dataset Plugin (Remember to use a different integer value for each ROI, do not use 0 , do not collect $50)
2- Try the program 3dROIstats, that'll give you the number of voxels in each ROI. You can then multiply that number by the voxel size for a volume estimate.
You might also find the programs 3dmaskave and 3dmaskdump useful.
3- If you have the anatomical parent in ac-pc you can use the program adwarp to change your ROI to ac-pc orientation. You can also use AFNI’s Define Datamode --> Write Func button to write out the mask file in ac-pc orientation.
4- I am not sure what you mean by "fractional volume from anterior to posterior" but 3dFractionize might be what you are looking for.

If all these programs are new to you, I suggest you proceed with caution and make sure you understand the output at each stage.

cheers,
ziad
Subject Author Posted

Getting subvolumes of an ROI

Martin Paulus September 04, 2003 07:05PM

Re: Getting subvolumes of an ROI

Ziad Saad September 05, 2003 04:19PM