AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
September 26, 2003 11:47AM
Here's my problem:

I have two days of anatomical/epi datasets for each subject I want to analyze.

I have defined ROI masks on day 1 anatomicals and would like to align the statistical maps (from both days) into this space. Ultimately, everything will have to be in the same space because I'll be doing analyses involving the union and intersection of statistically relevant voxels between both days worth of data for specified ROIs.

The other complication is that the functional and anatomical datasets on a given day also may be out of alignment.

Current approach:
*align day 1 structural to day 1 functional with 3dAnatnudge
*align day 2 structural to day 2 functional with 3dAnatnudge
*determine movement parameters between nudged anatomicals (from both days) and day1 structural using 3dvolreg
*use 3drotate (with rotation/translation parameters from shifted datasets generated in previous step) to apply to day 1 and day 2 functional datasets

Two questions:
Is this needlessly complex--or is there a recommended better way?
If I use the 3drotate method using output of 3dvolreg, does my selection of gridparent dataset matter greatly?

Thanks,
Jane Lange

Subject Author Posted

alignment questions

Jane Lange September 26, 2003 11:47AM