AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
October 21, 2003 05:40PM
Hello,

Using a pulse sequence with a 2 s TR, I am modeling and contrasting two "color-coded" event classes with irregular stimulus timing using the -tstim option for each subject's individual data as follows:

waver -GAM -dt 2.0 -peak 100 -tstim `cat CRPwht.1D` > whtpress2.1D
waver -GAM -dt 2.0 -peak 100 -tstim `cat CRPgrn.1D` > grnpress2.1D

This results in waveforms that correspond to the time-stamps of the events in the subject's behavioral data record. The vectors last only as many lines as the HRF of last event of each class completes, since not all subjects behave similarly. However, for all subjects, both vectors seem to run close to the 660+ TRs of the task (i.e. text editing program will show one column of 600+ rows, each with a waveform value).

However, ANFI keeps giving me the error message in 3dDeconvolve reading:

3dDeconvolve Error: Input stimulus time series file whtpress2.1D is too short.

(Since the wht event class is the first -tstim generated .1D input in the script, it may be that 3dDeconvolve might fuss about the grn too)

Any idea why this is so? The .1D time series file looks fine to me.

Jim Bjork

Subject Author Posted

3dDeconvole error with -tstim generated .1D vector

Jim Bjork October 21, 2003 05:40PM

Re: 3dDeconvole error with -tstim generated .1D vector

Gang Chen October 21, 2003 05:55PM

Re: 3dDeconvolve error with -tstim generated .1D vector

Jim Bjork October 22, 2003 02:15PM

Thank you for the suggestions!

Gang Chen October 22, 2003 02:32PM

Re: 3dDeconvole error with -tstim generated .1D vector

bob cox October 22, 2003 05:19PM