AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
November 03, 2003 09:56AM
Hi Teodora,

While SPM spatially normalized volumes have lines like "SPM originator decodes to 31 43 25" in their .hdr files, this convention is outside the Analyze 7.5 specification. Unfortunately, the Analyze format doesn't specify origin and orientation information as unambiguously as the AFNI .HEAD file does.

I have a script <a href=http://brainmap.wustl.edu/donna/spm2afni.sh>spm2afni.sh</a> that uses the SPM originator tag with AFNI's 3dANALYZEtoAFNI and 3drefit to set the ORIGIN in AFNI. But you have to be careful with this. If you are aligning anatomical and functional volumes written out in the same voxel dimensions and bounding box, it will work fine; however, if you write out the anatomy in, say, cubic 1mm voxels and the functional in cubic two or three mm voxels, there will be a noticeable offset when viewing the functional volumes over the anatomical. In these cases, I've found I'm better off using 3drefit to set the functionals' ORIGIN to the anatomical's ORIGIN.

Donna
Subject Author Posted

origin of the image

Teodora October 31, 2003 10:48AM

Re: origin of the image

bob cox October 31, 2003 01:26PM

Teodora October 31, 2003 02:42PM

Donna Hanlon November 03, 2003 09:56AM