AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
Ziad
November 06, 2003 05:33PM
Hello SUMA users,

Below is some info about SUMA's latest changes and info about my poster presentation at SFN in New Orleans.

SUMA additions:
1- The standard-mesh tools that simplify cross-subject surface-based analysis and allow the use of most 3dsomething AFNI programs to process data (including time-series) directly on the surface. The documentation has been posted here: [afni.nimh.nih.gov] (under Surface-Based Cross-Subject Analysis ) . It is in the form of a presentation but there should be enough info to get you going. I have only tested these procedures with FreeSurfer data but the principle applies to all surface-based spherical warping methods like SureFit's. If you have non-FreeSurfer data you want me to test, just send me some.

2- The programs 3dVol2Surf and 3dSurf2Vol have been improved to include fancier mapping methods between volume and surface domains.
( documentation here [afni.nimh.nih.gov] )

3- The program ScaleToMap now supports the use of AFNI colormaps and user-defined colormaps

SFN in New Orleans:
I will be at SFN from Monday to Wednesday, let me know if you are interested in discussing volume and surface related stuff. I am presenting the cross-subject analysis tools in SUMA and AFNI on Wednesday 8am, poster 863.5 we can talk then or over bourbon at any other time.

cheers,
-ziad
Subject Author Posted

SUMA changes & SFN in New Orleans

Ziad November 06, 2003 05:33PM