AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
November 21, 2003 09:42AM
Hi Sharon,

We also have had no problems running afni on multiple Dell PCs with preinstalled RedHat. Without creating a big off-topic thread, though, be aware that RedHat will stop supporting RedHat Linux after April 2004 (e.g., security patches via up2date). You have to switch to RedHat Enterprise Linux to continue getting support, and from what I understand, it is not a simple upgrade; you have to install the Enterprise version over the "free" one. I mention this because I bought a preinstalled RedHat 8 Dell PC in June of this year, and now I'm looking at an operating system upgrade if I want to continue to get security patches after April 2004.

Something to be aware of if you're shopping for Linux workstations.

Donna Hanlon
Subject Author Posted

System specifications for AFNI on laptop

Sharon Dirckx November 19, 2003 02:11PM

Re: System specifications for AFNI on laptop

bob cox November 19, 2003 02:50PM

bob cox November 19, 2003 08:46PM

Donna Hanlon November 21, 2003 09:42AM