AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
January 27, 2004 01:42PM
Thanks for your answer, but I am still unsure on the best way to proceed.

Let me clarify a bit:

I have two days of data for each subject, 9 runs on a given day.

For purposes of a conjunction style analysis, I want to ultimately analyze the data in a common space for each person--Day 1 functional space.
This will involve registering Day2 runs to Day1 runs.

If I normalize each Day2 run, then move them to Day1 space, concatenate them, then run 3dDeconvolve, the resulting beta values will still reflect % signal change, right? In other words, does the interpolation of the data involved in the registration affect the values in a such a way that they are no longer "normalized" according to specifications?

If necessary, I suppose, I can normalize after registration, but because I have 9 runs of data and would prefer to move them all in one lump, I would rather normalize before registration.
Subject Author Posted

registration and % signal change

Jane Lange January 27, 2004 12:04PM

Re: registration and % signal change

Gang Chen January 27, 2004 12:41PM

Jane Lange January 27, 2004 01:42PM

bob cox January 27, 2004 02:20PM

outliers/normalization question

Jane Lange January 30, 2004 03:54PM