AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
Jim Bjork
February 12, 2004 11:51AM
Hello,

I would like to re-run my regression analyses with glt contrasts with time-series data derived from only the second and third of my three, 224-TR runs in the experiment.

I realize I can go all the way back to pre-processing and simply make a new time-series BRIK from the get-go but that seems wasteful of space and time. Better to write to file only an -fim bucket dataset for exploratory purposes.

I tried writing and using a single -censor file with 224 zeroes followed by 448 1's, but got 3Dconvolve errors when 3dDeconvolve referenced the censor file. I then tried changing concat file (specifying the beginning of runs) from

to

since the censor file essentially eliminated exactly one run.

THen, of course I got a glt error with bad matrices becuase my -glt 1 matrix files needed to be stripped of two zeroes each at the front to eliminate baseline terms for the missing run. I made an alternate set of matrices.

However, I still get "3Ddeconvolve Error: Improper X matrix (cannot invert X'X)

All my original event stimulus files from the full time series, and even within each run are dintinct from another, and never changed, so why collinearity?

Any idea why I am stuck? Was there a better way of going about this?
Subject Author Posted

What is a fast n easy way to eliminate one of a series of runs in 3dDeconvolve?

Jim Bjork February 12, 2004 11:51AM

Re: What is a fast n easy way to eliminate one of a series of runs in 3dDeconvol

Gang Chen February 12, 2004 12:36PM