AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
February 21, 2004 09:14PM
AFNI itself sets the cursor to be a NorthWest pointing arrow, yellow body and blue outline. If you don't see this when you use AFNI (that is, when you click into an AFNI window somewhere -- or its titlebar -- to make sure it has "focus"), then the problem isn't AFNI, it is the X11 window manager.

I'm not sure what to say about this. You probably can set the cursor used by your window manager somehow from the RedHat control panel, but I've not had this problem, so can't give you a specific cure. You could try using another window manager -- you should be able to set that from the RedHat control panel as well, somewhere.

bob cox

For a bonus point, does anyone out there who doesn't work for me know why AFNI actually uses two slightly different cursor arrow shapes? This situation isn't an accident; it actually means something about the user interface.

If you collect 100 bonus points, we'll give you a gold star. With 50 gold stars, you qualify to have your picture included in the AFNI splash screen. Oh wait, anyone can do that. Well, we'll try to think of a reward for those 50 gold stars.

Subject Author Posted

Strange AFNI mouse cursor.

Sjursen, Robert February 20, 2004 02:00PM

Re: Strange AFNI mouse cursor.

bob cox February 21, 2004 09:14PM

Re: Strange AFNI mouse cursor.

randy yumul April 19, 2004 05:03PM