AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
Jim Bjork
March 12, 2004 02:39PM
Dear Gods of AFNI,

In the course of analyzing my data with AFNI, I have often made several alternative exploratory datasets in the course of examining optimal smoothing parameters, alternative modeling of time series, etc. The result is that when I launch AFNI in each patient's directory, I have several -func/fim datasets, and sometimes even several -spgr as well. The result is, when I want to look at my preferred anat and func dataset in afni, I have to manually select the datasets from a growing list.

This isn't a big deal usually, but far simpler is a one-time default-setter one could specify in a batch script. This would save a lot of time when examining the same dataset from many different subjects.

(Unless I missed something in the AFNI manual) Could you guys incorporate into AFNI datasets an optional "flag" to one func and one anat dataset (per directory) such that the AFNI viewer will automatically load the favored datasets?

i.e.

3drefit -default_func funcdata+orig
3drefit -default_anat anatdata+orig

with corresponding flag "erasers" :

3drefit -undefault_func funcdata+orig
3drefit -undefault_anat anatdata+orig

There would need to be a mechanism for AFNI fussing if a second "flagged" dataset is brought into the same subject directory, either by flagging a second -func or second -anat dataset by accident, or copying another flagged dataset into the same directory...

Better still to have AFNI automatically open the three views of the default anat underlay automatically upon launch. Badda Bing. Is there a global parameter in the settings file already that might do this?

Jim
Subject Author Posted

Manually set default datasets for AFNI viewer?

Jim Bjork March 12, 2004 02:39PM

Re: Manually set default datasets for AFNI viewer?

Bob Cox March 12, 2004 03:05PM