AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 03, 2004 01:58PM
Hi Folks,

In my search of past message board postings, have found some related discussions, but no direct answer to my question, so here goes:

Our proposed design includes stimulus presentation at a rate of 0.5 seconds and our TR is 2 seconds. It seems that there are two places where we can deal with this mismatch of sampling rate. One would be to use the -tstim option in waver to specify the exact time that each stimulus occurs. The other would be to use the -stim_nprt option in 3dDeconvolve. What are the pros and cons of these two options?

One con that I see for the -tstim option is that we are trying to use the batch file in HowTo Number 3 to iterate through thousands of potential randomizations. So hand-translating each stim file generated by RSFgen into timing that can be used in the -tstim option seems prohibitive. (Unless someone has written a program to do this, or if waver could be altered to output .1D files sampled at a different rate than the input). On the other hand, one of the previous posts seemed to suggest that there was a loss of statistical power when the -stim_nprt option is used with 3dDeconvolve.

Any advice or clarification would be appreciated!

Lisa
Subject Author Posted

Sub-TR Stimulus Presentation, Waver, and 3dDeconvolve

Lisa Eyler May 03, 2004 01:58PM

Re: Sub-TR Stimulus Presentation, Waver, and 3dDeconvolve

Gang Chen May 03, 2004 03:22PM