AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 13, 2004 03:06PM
Hi. As I posted before, I've been trying to make a customized continuous color map for AFNI. I've tried doing this in two ways: with MakeColorMap and by editing .afnirc (by the process explained at [afni.nimh.nih.gov]).

With MakeColorMap, I tried the following command:

MakeColorMap -f ~/cmap/Fiducials.txt -nc 17 -ah test1 > test1.pal

where ~/cmap/Fiducuals.txt is a list of about 5 color codes formatted as the help section prescribes. This worked, but I could only load the .pal file when I had the # of colors in "define overlay" set to 17. When I did "read in palette" and selected my file while the color mode was set to continuous, I got an error message saying "can't read the file you selected." I also tried setting # of colors to both 1 and a couple of very large numbers, but it still wouldn't read these in as continuous, and there was no way to load them in as non-continuous since the menu in AFNI only ranges from 2 to 20 colors.

I also tried pasting the contents of the .pal file into .afnirc (down where it contains a posgray20 scale that looks like the same format). I can then right click Intensity and select my colorscale in the pulldown Set Pal menu, but as far as I can tell nothing actually changes when I do that. The terminal also shows some error messages on startup about the scale having too many colors (even when it's 128 colors, which as I understand it is the # of colors in a continuous scale).

Finally, I tried using the process outlined on that webpage I mentioned in the first paragraph. I added the following line to the environment section of afnirc:

AFNI_COLORSCALE_01 = custom_colormap

where custom_colormap is in my home directory and follows the first format shown on that webpage (5 colors with both the numbers to indicate spacing, and the 6-digit color codes). As far as I can tell, this does nothing at all (I get no error messages, and I couldn't find the colorscale listed anywhere within AFNI).

I would really appreciate it if somebody could help me make this work. Thanks.

Subject Author Posted

making continuous colormaps

Aaron Goldman May 13, 2004 03:06PM

Re: making continuous colormaps

rick reynolds May 13, 2004 03:27PM

Aaron Goldman May 13, 2004 04:03PM

rick reynolds May 13, 2004 05:00PM

Aaron Goldman May 14, 2004 01:56PM