AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
June 15, 2004 05:25AM
You can tell AFNI (via to3d) that the time pattern of your slices is not spread out evenly across the TR interval. To do this in to3d, you use an input file for the 'tpattern' field after the -time:zt or -time:tz option on the command line. Or you could use the 3dTshift program to reinterpolate the dataset in time to a common time basis.

The analysis problem is harder. You probably want to do this by modeling the hemodynamic response using a basis function expansion. At present, this is only documented in one of our educational handouts -- I don't recall which number, but it is titled "Irregular Stimulus Timing" or something like that. You really have to understand the tools (waver+3dDeconvolve+3dcalc) to do this type of analysis at this time.

The basic idea would be to catenate all your data volumes into one long dataset. Then you would create a set of column vectors that represent the idealized response to the catenated stimuli at each actual time point; each column vector would be from one basis function; program waver would be used for this, with the -tstim option. The stimulus times would have to be adjusted to allow for the time offset between the catenated imaging runs. Then these column vectors would be used as the regressors to 3dDeconvolve.

That's not a very clear explanation, I'm afraid. Without thinking about it a little more and drawing some pictures, it's the best I can do at the moment. I hope it helps some. The analysis is do-able, and not complex in principle, but since the programs aren't really setup for this case, you have to use them cleverly to get what you want.

Buda Bob
Subject Author Posted

clustered volume acquistion or sparse temporal sampling

Nadine and Philippe June 10, 2004 08:42PM

Re: clustered volume acquistion or sparse temporal sampling

rick reynolds June 11, 2004 02:08PM

Re: clustered volume acquistion or sparse temporal sampling

bob cox June 15, 2004 05:25AM