AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
August 17, 2004 12:48PM
due to activity falling off of my surfaces, i've been toying w/ 3dVol2Surf

i'm having trouble, so let me show you how i called it and what resulted

3dVol2Surf \
-spec subject_rh.spec \
-surf_A rh.smoothwm \
-sv subject_SurfVol+orig \
-grid_parent subject_SurfVol+orig \
-use_norms \
-norm_len 2.5 \
-map_func ave \
-out_niml rh.Vol2Surf_test

i also tried

3dVol2Surf \
-spec subject_rh.spec \
-surf_A rh.smoothwm \
-surf_B rh.pial \
-sv subject_SurfVol+orig \
-grid_parent subject_SurfVol+orig \
-map_func ave \
-out_niml rh.Vol2Surf_test

3dVol2Surf completes fine both ways, outputting the rh.Vol2Surf_test surface. However, when i run this through @SUMA_Make_Spec_FS, i hit a snag. It does count rh.Vol2Surf_test as a surface, but gets hung up when making the asc files---printing out "freadFloat: fread failed" over and over.

The reason i use 3dVol2Surf in the first place is that i have activity that is neither bordering the white matter segmentation, nor is contiguous with activity that is bordering the white matter segmentation. Thus, it is missed.

A question: is my usage of 3dVol2Surf inappropriate given my needs?
Another: how does the process differ if only specify surf_A + normal vectors rather than specifying surf_A + surf_B w/o the normals? which way might be better given what i'm trying to do?

Subject Author Posted

3dVol2Surf

Kevin DeSimone August 17, 2004 12:48PM

Re: 3dVol2Surf

rick reynolds August 17, 2004 02:49PM

Kevin DeSimone August 17, 2004 06:12PM

rick reynolds August 18, 2004 09:19AM