AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
August 26, 2004 12:51PM
Hi there!

So, I had a quick question if someone could answer it.

I'm trying to place my slice timing at some point in my pre-processing stream, and there are a few options that I thought I had to choose between:

1) Slice timing after reconstruction of the functional datastet, but before any further pre-procesing

2) Slice timing after removal of unnecessary volumes heading and trailing my functional dataset, but before concatenation of runs

3) Slice timing after removal of unnecessary volumes and after concatenation of runs.

I wasn't sure whether or not the slice timing algorithm in AFNI worked solely on a volume, or if there was an across volume effect of slice timing. I feel like there may be calculations that span volumes of data, in which case it seems like we should slice time before performing any further pre-processing, and definitely before any runs are concatenated, and I'm not sure whether or not we should slice time before the removal of unnecessary volumes from our dataset.

Does anyone have any insight into this? Or the algorithm, perhaps?

Thanks!

arul

Subject Author Posted

3dTshift, and its appropriate place in a preprocessing stream

Arul Thangavel August 26, 2004 12:51PM

Re: 3dTshift, and its appropriate place in a preprocessing stream

Gang Chen August 26, 2004 01:37PM

Re: 3dTshift, and its appropriate place in a preprocessing stream

Arul Thangavel August 26, 2004 05:58PM