AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
Jim Bjork
August 26, 2004 02:28PM
Dear AFNI Gods,

Having looked at my data as a multitude of different alternative datasets-- with different permutations in their creation such as:

Different smoothing kernels,
Different bandpass-filter application,
Different compositions of indivudual subjects in group merge maps, etc.

it is sometimes a challenge to keep them all straight without having obnoxiously long filenames or a post-it note on your monitor.

While this kind of info on all the preprocessing etc. is all chronicled in '3dinfo', I was wondering if a future AFNI release could incorporate into dataset (headers) a subset of free-entered string text that could be accessed while looking at data with the GUI.

e.g. toggle buttons for "Underlay Notes" and "Overlay Notes" that would access the string of text linked to the header of the two datasets being viewed.

Maybe allow for a command line (or in a script)

-text_note dataset+orig 'This is a merge map of AFNI addicts with outlier patient jb exlcuded'

that would specify what would appear in the pop-up menu in the GUI-- even with tlrc-warped variants.

Also keen would be an feature in the GUI itself to add to the .HEAD file text string easily, such as simply providing a button to allow editing on the fly when notes are opened and viewed!

Part of why this is salient is that my Section Chief (and boss) on occasion needs to look at my data in our image database and it would be helpful for him to be able to click on a button to quickly see exactly what each dataset means.

Perhaps AFNI already does this, and if so, I would appreciate knowing how to activate such an annotation feature.

Jim B

Subject Author Posted

Annotation of datasets in AFNI

Jim Bjork August 26, 2004 02:28PM

Re: Annotation of datasets in AFNI

Robert Cox August 26, 2004 03:25PM